An Ofsted registered Pre-school offering Early Years education for 2 – 5yr olds. The latest information from Ofsted can be found at: https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/CARE/EY491081
7.45am until 4pm (term-time only).
- Extended morning session will run from 7.45am – 12noon
- Normal morning sessions will run from 9am – 12noon
- Normal full day sessions will run from 9am – 3pm
- Extended full day sessions will run from 7.45am – 3pm; 7.45am -4pm or 9am – 4 pm
Your child can start Pre-school in the term following their 2nd birthday and must attend for a minimum of 2 morning sessions per week. Children will not be able to attend for just the afternoon sessions.
Pre-school’s qualified and experienced staff team ensure children are safe, happy and stimulated with a choice of free play, continuous provision and adult led activities. Facilities include large, secure indoor and outdoor play and learning spaces. The range of quality toys, equipment and activities offer fun experiences and learning opportunities. Click on the gallery images below to get a flavour of what your child could be enjoying. To view or download the Pre-school Prospectus click related pdf below.
Our current staffing structure is
- Gemma Gorvett, Acting Manager, Childcare and Education Level 4
- Caroline Murray, Acting Deputy Manager, Early Years Educator Level 4
- Nadege Chester, Early Years Educator Level 3
- Deborah Copsey, Diploma in Nursery Nursing (part-time)
- Lorraine Smith, Pre-School Assistant
- Relief staff – Vicky (Childcare NVQ Level 3), Kerry
- Currently on maternity leave: Elizabeth Patten, Manager, Early Years Professional Status
Cost: (based on £4.25 per hour)
- Extended morning session (7.45am – 12noon) £18.05
- Normal morning session (9am – 12 noon) £12.75
- Normal full day session (9am – 3pm) £25.50
- Extended full day sessions (7.45am – 3pm) £30.80 / (7.45am – 4pm) £35.05 / (9am – 4pm) £29.75
From the term following your child’s 3rd birthday, Warrington Borough Council provides funding for up to 15 hours per week and in some circumstances for up to 30 hours per week. In addition Warrington Borough Council also provides funding in certain circumstances from the term following a child’s 2nd birthday. Please speak to a member of staff to check whether you are eligible for funding.
Invoices will be issued each half term for the amount required for any non-funded hours.
Healthy snacks will be provided during the morning. Parents will need to provide a packed lunch for children attending for the full day.
To view the 2018/2019 holiday dates click on the pdf below.
The following are testimonials from parents, visitor and child:
“Both my wife and I were very happy with our choice of Pre-school for our daughter, with its high level of care and its commitment to giving the children a safe and happy environment to develop within.”
“Having recently visited Rixton-with-Glazebrook Pre-school to deliver a safety talk, I was impressed with the atmosphere and the children’s speech and language skills. It was an enjoyable experience that I look forward to repeating next year.” (Community Nursery Nurse)
“I am keenly aware of the benefits of outdoor play and it was a pleasure to see my child enjoying vigorous physical activity. The children can play, explore and interact with the natural outdoors allowing them access to gardening, water, sand, insects and outdoor toys, not to mention fresh air.”
“I like running in the wind and getting wet in the puddles. I love going outside, I can go faster.” (4yr old)
If interested in a place or wishing to find out more about what Pre-school can offer contact the Pre-school for a chat on 07815 561372.
With effect from 9th September 2019 Pre-school we will be based at Glazebrook Methodist Church, Glazebrook Lane, Warrington, WA3 5AY. Opening Times: Pre-school ... more
With over 20 stalls selling a variety of products, face painting, festive pebble display, children's crafts, games, tombolas, Santa's grotto, tea room and Culcheth ... more