Nextdoor website helps neighbours share news
Some Rixton-with-Glazebrook residents may be interested to know of an existing website Nextdoor that currently has just under 200 residents signed up across the parish. Residents are finding the website useful for sharing information and news.
Nextdoor is the private social network for your neighbourhood that enables local residents to connect easily and quickly to talk online to share information and keep up to date with what is going on in their neighbourhood. It is a secure online community built by local residents in which all neighbours are verified. Nextdoor’s mission is to use the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods by:
- Quickly getting the word out about a break-in / crime and safety issues
- Organising a Neighborhood Watch Group
- Tracking down a trustworthy babysitter
- Finding out who does the best paint job in town / recommendations for plumbers, mechanics
- Asking for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog
- Finding a new home for an outgrown bike
- Helping to publicise local events
- Circulating important documents or sharing a local map for viewing
Nextdoor supports Neighbourhood Watch as it enables information/concerns to be circulated in a timely way.
If interested, why not give it a try on www.nextdoor.co.uk
To sign up visit https://rixtonwithglazebrook.nextdoor.co.uk/login/
There is also a free service whereby postcards can be sent out free to up to 75 households (for those whose email addresses are not know) to enable invitations to join to be maximised.
Posted on: 2nd March 2017